What’s So Special About Dhul Hijjah?
* Allah swears an oath by these 10 days, and when Allah swears an oath by something it indicates its importance and great benefit.
* Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “By the dawn; by the ten nights” [al-Fajr 89:1-2].
* Ibn ‘Abbaas, Ibn al-Zubayr, Mujaahid and others of the earlier and later generations said that this refers to the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah. Ibn Katheer said: “This is the correct opinion.” (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 8/413)
* The Prophet (may peace be upon him) testified that these are the best days of this world and Allah has preferred them over all the other days of the year.
* The Prophet (may peace be upon him) commanded us to recite a lot of Dhikr (remembrance) of Allah, example – Allahu Akbar, La ilaha illallah, Alhamdulillah, Subhaanallah
* These days include the Day of Arafaah, on which Allaah perfected / completed the religion of Islaam and fasting on this day will expiate for the sins of two years. (Don't miss this opportunity!)
* These days include the pilgrims (hujjaj) performing Hajj in Makkah
* These days include the Day of Sacrifice – Eid ul Adhaa
Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (sallallahu'alayhi wasallam) said:
"There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allaah than these ten days.”
The people asked, “Not even jihaad for the sake of Allaah?”
He (sallallahu'alayhi wasallam) said, “Not even jihaad for the sake of Allaah, except in the case of a man who went out to fight giving himself and his wealth up for the cause, and came back with nothing.”
[Hadith Reported by Sahih Al-Bukhaari]
Spread the knowledge and remind about these blessed days to your family & friends.