Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Beloved

Poem by : Rabi'ah al Adawiyya (here)

[Rabi'ah al-Adawiyya al-Basri (may Allah be pleased with her and sanctify her secret) was one of the foremost sufis, and towered over the men of her time with her lofty spiritual rank. May Allah enable us to understand. This is taken from Tadhkirat ul-Awliya]


My peace, O my brothers and sisters, is my solitude,
And my Beloved is with me always,
For His love I can find no substitute,
And His love is the test for me among mortal beings,

Whenever His Beauty I may contemplate,
He is my "mihrab", towards Him is my "qiblah"
If I die of love, before completing satisfaction,
Alas, for my anxiety in the world, alas for my distress,

O Healer (of souls) the heart feeds upon its desire,
The striving after union with Thee has healed my soul,

O my Joy and my Life abidingly,
You were the source of my life and from Thee also came my ecstasy.

I have separated myself from all created beings,
My hope is for union with Thee, for that is the goal of my desire.



********************

Hamba MU (Servant of Allah)

- Theme song of "Imam Muda 2" program
(By : Mawi & Akhil Hayy)



Nuffs

cbox

Recent Visitors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails